There’s more whales in the Monterey Bay this season than we can remember! Come out to Sand Rock Farm and take an ocean adventure with Sanctuary Cruises.
Sand Rock Farm Friends:
Whether you are a newer guest of Sand Rock Farm, or you have past memories of a lovely stay here, we invite you to consider another visit to our magical Inn during the beautiful Santa Cruz and Monterey Bay Area Spring. The tulip tree is blooming, the weeping cherry is lacy with delicate white flowers, and the rich-red rhodies in the Shade Garden are showing-off their dazzling romantic beauty. Take a fragrant walk through the Spiral Garden where our many varieties of lilacs extend over winding paths. It is a special time at Sand Rock Farm…. why not see what those abundant early-Spring showers are bringing us in May?!
Choose Sand Rock Farm to help celebrate an anniversary, birthday, or special commemoration… or to just get away for a relaxing time. Enjoy a delicious multi-course gourmet breakfast in our warm and inviting turn-of-the-century dining room. Chat with new friends while sipping our excellent fresh-roasted coffee. Take a stroll in the gardens before a delightful excursion to one of the local Santa Cruz or Monterey area attractions…
Casual elegance awaits you! Step out of your busy life for a day or two of pampered living in a quiet, nurturing setting…Call today to make your reservation! 831.688.8005.
SAND ROCK FARM Get-Away Packages
It’s Mother’s Day Every Day through the Month of May!
· Wander the paths of Roses of Yesterday and Today. Visit their website at: www.rosesofyesterday.com. Take home a rose from Roses of Yesterday as a gift from Sand Rock Farm.
· Relax with a specialized hour long in-room massage and then enjoy your own private jacuzzi tub or hot tub at Sand Rock Farm. Through the end of May 2011, just add $65 per massage to your room reservation.
· Send a gift certificate to your Mom for as a special token of your appreciation.
Design your own Wine Tasting Package:
· In-House Private Tastings featuring Bargetto Wines – Taste a flight of wines personalized just for your tastes.
· Tour & Tasting- You choose. Experience the dramatic beauty of this internationally acclaimed appellation. We can offer a car and expert to take you to wineries, beginnig with the oldest winery in the area- Bargetto. Your tour will showcase wines you would like to try ~or~ We can provide an annotated map so you can go out to discover on your own. For either tour we will include a three course lunch for you to enjoy on your adventure. Please ask about tour prices when making your reservation.
Adventure / Outdoor Packages:
· Downtown Santa Cruz- Enjoy a downtown Santa Cruz adventure. Take a walk and learn a bit of Santa Cruz history while you discover various hidden gourmet gems. For more details visit www.santacruzfoodtour.com. Stay at Sand Rock Farm and we will book your tour…Call Sand Rock Farm for our special tour rates.
· Whale Watching ~Hiking/Biking Packages ~Kayaking. Whales and other sea life abound around the bay and ocean. We will help you create an adventure on the Central Coast this Spring. Tell us what you would like to do and we will make the reservations, provide directions and picnic lunch.
Packages are priced separately and may be booked when making your reservation. Must be confirmed by email by Sand Rock Farm.
Upcoming Events in Santa Cruz and Monterey:
We welcome 2011 with our 10% for 10 Year Discount – come see the wealth of music, art, shopping, special events, wine tastings and more, all within minutes of our beautiful natural setting….
MAY 05, 2011 – MAY 14, 2011
Santa Cruz Film Festival
MAY 07, 2011
The Corralitos Wine Trail Festival – Mother’s Day Weekend!
MAY 07, 2011
May 15, 2011
Santa Cruz Mountains Wine Express at Roaring Camp Railroads
Join the winemakers of the Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association on Sunday May 15th, from 1pm to 5pm for a unique event pairing wine, food, music, and a trip on the Santa Cruz Mountains Wine Express at Roaring Camp. For reservations or for more information contact the Santa Cruz Mountains Winegrowers Association at (831) 685-VINE (8463) or send us an e-mail email@example.com.
May 20 and 21, 2011
MIM 2011 – Music in May, Aptos, CA
MIM brings renowned musicians to Santa Cruz in a weekend full of classical music concerts. Sponsored by the Aptos Community Foundation. For more information and tickets go to websitewww.musicinmay.org
MAY 28, 2011 – MAY 29, 2011
MAY 29, 2011 – MAY 30, 2011
27th Annual Santa Cruz Longboard Club Invitational
Santa Cruz Baroque Festival: Music in the Gardens Tour
Visit Sand Rock Farm and Enjoy All The Delights That These Two Central California Counties Have To Offer!
We promised a Springtime recipe in our last newsletter, here it is! We serve our Goat Cheese Soufflé on a salad of mixed tender young greens with a side of braised asparagus for guest enjoyment…
Sand Rock Farm Goat Cheese Soufflé
Preheat oven to 375°, place rack in center.
3 T butter
3 T cake flour
1 C milk
10 oz goat cheese (or feta)
3 egg yolks
7 egg whites
Salt & pepper to taste
¼ C dry breadcrumbs
butter to rub pans
Electric mixer or whisk
12 cup muffin pan
tray or dish for baking muffin cups in water bath
Butter 12 muffin cups, coat with breadcrumbs; tap out excess.
Melt 3T butter in stainless saucepan over medium heat. Whisking constantly, add flour.
Whisk in the milk and cook over heat for about 3 minutes, whisking together until mixture has thickened like a thin pudding.
Crumble cheese into a large mixing bowl. Pour the hot milk mixture over the cheese, and mix well. Add the 3 egg yolks and mix; season with salt & pepper. (Save 4 extra yolks for scrambled eggs, or other purpose.)
Using an electric mixer (or whisk by hand) beat the egg whites until firm peaks form. Do not over whip! If grainy, discard whites and begin again. Fold 1/3 of the whipped whites into the cheese to lighten, then fold in remaining whites in two more batches.
Divide the soufflé mixture among the ramekins using curved rubber spatula. Put soufflés in oven on sheet tray, then pour hot water to half way up the tray sides.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the soufflés are golden.
Remove from the oven and let stand, still in the water, for 15 minutes
Run a plastic knife around the inside rim of the muffin pans to loosen. Turn out the soufflés onto a baking sheet. The soufflés may be held at room temperature for up to 6 hours before the final baking.
When ready to serve, reheat the soufflés in a 375° oven for 5-7 minutes, or until golden brown and jiggling when you shake the pan.
A Happy Visitor!
Here’s what one of our recent guests had to say about her stay at Sand Rock Farm…
“There are so many reasons to stay at Sand Rock Farm. For those looking for a get-away combined with close proximity to California’s urban wonders, SRF gives you 10 peaceful, wooded acres in which to meditate; after which, you can zip to urban areas for an infusion of city life or an ocean encounter. For those wanting to experience an example of CA’s superb architectural past, SRF has that in spades with an old two-room farm house (now guest rooms) built in the late 1800s and a marvelous Arts and Crafts house added on in the early 1900s – both nicely appointed. And, lastly for this review, breakfast goes beyond a memorial treat. Each morning you are greeted by a semi-formal place setting adorned with gourmet epicurean delights prepared with utmost creativity and variety. The staff is warm, friendly and informative.”
“We look forward to our next stay at Sand Rock Farm and to enjoying all they have to offer.”
~Meneese Wall, Santa Fe, NM
We want to thank you for your past patronage, and remind you again of the beauty and grace of the natural surroundings that await you when you stay with us at Sand Rock Farm. Remember, our special 10th Anniversary Offer of 10% Off to returning guests is running through the end of 2011. Book today and enjoy Santa Cruz, Aptos, the Monterey Peninsula before the Summer season begins!