There’s more whales in the Monterey Bay this season than we can remember! Come out to Sand Rock Farm and take an ocean adventure with Sanctuary Cruises.
Thank you for reviewing the Sand Rock Farm policies prior to booking your room.
:: At the B&B
Also see our Group Rental information.
- Reservations must be confirmed with a credit card deposit equal to one night’s stay.
- We require a two-night minimum stay on weekends (Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun). Do inquire — sometimes it is possible for us to book a single weekend night stay with an additional housekeeping fee of $25.
- A three night minimum stay on holidays and certain special events is required.
- We release multiple-night limits on the Thursday evening prior to each weekend. We welcome last minute inquiries!
- Dietary preferences or allergies can be accommodated with advance notice.
- Sand Rock Farm welcomes guests of any race, age, or sexual orientation.
- For our guests with mobility concerns: be advised our terraced setting requires stair access to all guestrooms; the Sunporch Suite has the fewest (six stairs with handrail).
- In consideration for all of our guests, we welcome well behaved children in our family suites and gardens. Children must be supervised at all times due to the historic nature of the inn and grounds.
- Please review the special information for Weddings. For a site visit or more information please contact Sand Rock Farm. We are available for tours by appointment only. Drop in visits don’t allow us to give you the focused attention we prefer to offer.
- Sand Rock Farm welcomes friends and families. Please see our special group information. By prior arrangement, your guests are also welcome to join you for a gourmet breakfast at the inn; please reserve 24 hour in advance, $25 (includes tax and service).
- We accept MasterCard, Visa, or cash.
- All room rates are based on single or double occupancy. Additional guest rate is $35 per person per night.
- All occupancy rates are subject to change.
- Quoted room tariffs do not include local taxes.
- Lost keys – if keys are not returned at check-out there will be a $20 charge for replacement.
- Over 14 days: For cancellations with more than 14 days notice, your deposit will be returned less $25 processing fee.
- Under 14 days: We do not accept cancellations with less than 14 days notice. However if we can rebook the room nights, we will be glad to provide you a gift certificate for a future stay for the amount of your deposit less $25 processing fee.
At the B&B
- Check-in time from 3 pm to 6 pm. Late check-in is possible with prior arrangement.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am.
- Breakfast is served between 8:30 and 9:30 am. Please inquire if your schedule requires other arrangements.
- Our host-cat Luna offers guided tours of the inn and grounds to select cat-loving guests.
- Due to the historic nature of Sand Rock Farm, children must be supervised at all times.
- A Sand Rock Farm candle can be provided in each guest room upon request; other candles are not permitted. Candles may be not be used in the jacuzzi tubs. Guests are responsible for any damages.
- While Sand Rock Farm cannot accept pets on the property, we will be glad to recommend boarding options.
- By California law, smoking is prohibited throughout the inn and grounds, except the designated smoking area; please inquire. We appreciate your consideration for the safety and preservation of our home and grounds.
- The setting and grounds are of rustic elegance — please bring appropriate footwear. No high heels are to be worn in the house in consideration of the vintage Douglas Fir floors. Outdoor terrain ranges from decking to paved surfaces to trail and meadow walking. We share these paths with gophers and other wildlife.