A UNIQUE RETREAT Sand Rock Farm is conveniently located right off of Highway 1, just south of Santa Cruz, Sand Rock Farm is the perfect place to access all of the great things to do and see along the gorgeous, central California coast. World class surfing and mountain biking, whale watching, sailing, fishing, hiking, golfing, wine tasting, antiquing, dining, shopping and beach combing are all just minutes away! The Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk is nine miles north, Monterey Bay and Carmel are a forty-minute drive, and Big Sur is less than two hours away. For guests flying in, the San Jose International Airport is a forty-minute drive.
SOMETHING OLD, SOMETHING NEW.... Sand Rock Farm was the site of the first winery in Santa Cruz County. It was built by August and Eva Lilliencrantz in1887 and originally encompassed over 1,000 acres. At the height of operations in 1907, over 70 acres of vines were planted and 130,000 gallons of wine were shipped to Europe. The property remained in the Lilliencrantz family until the 1960's when it was purchased for use as a private home. Rumor has it that members of the Grateful Dead and Santana used to jam in the barn in the 60's and 70's. Sand Rock Farm was converted into a bed and breakfast in 1999 and restored with authentic antique furnishings and fixtures. The beautiful grounds attracted many couples and Sand Rock Farm soon earned an excellent reputation not just as an inn, but also as one of the area's premier wedding and elopement destinations. In recent years, Sand Rock Farm has attracted groups who seek a unique, private accommodations where they can gather with family and friends for retreats, vacations and special occasions. Guests enjoy cooking in the large, fully-equipped chef's kitchen, dining in the formal dining room or sitting around the fire in either the living room or outside on the deck. Each room has its own bathroom and television and the house is stocked with plenty of linens, towels, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, hair dryers and hand soap. There is room to roam through gardens and beneath old growth redwoods, oak and eucalyptus trees and then retreat into the privacy of your own room to relax.
PRIVATE GROUP LODGING
- 4,000 square foot historic, craftsman style farm house on 10 acres
- 5 bedrooms with en suite bathrooms and Jacuzzi tubs, sleeping 18 max guests
- 2-night minimum November - April (excluding holiday periods)
- 3-night minimum May-October (excluding holiday periods)
- $750-$1,200/night plus taxes, cleaning and deposit
- Large living room, formal dining room and enclosed sun porch
- Chef's kitchen, outdoor barbecue, large deck with gas fire pit
- Outdoor Jacuzzi
- Bedroom/bathroom amenities include lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryers
- Gardens, fountains and nature trail
- No smoking, no pets
- Private rental does not include use of the property for any gathering, events and/or parties for more than the 18 max lodging guests
- Please request a list of approved preferred vendors for private chef services, if desired
INDIVIDUAL ROOM NIGHTS
- Individual room nights are available to book no more than four weeks in advance, based on availability
- Rooms are $195-$240/night plus tax based on double-occupancy and 2-night minimum ($48 surcharge for a single night)
- Additional guests are $45/night each plus tax; up to two additional guests can be accommodated in the Hidden Garden, Honeycomb and Sun Porch Suites.
- There are five rooms, all with Jacuzzi tubs, full bathrooms, television, liquid soap, lotion, shampoo, conditioner, hair dryer, and towels
- 100% deposit required to book (cancel 48 hours or more prior to arrival for full refund; 50% will be refunded for cancellations within 48 hours of arrival)
- A Delicious, Hot Breakfast is included
- 3:00pm check-in, 11:00am check-out